Wednesday, March 12, 2008

When God Writes Your Love Story

"Out teammates can help us determine whether of not a relationship is from God based on the fruit they see in our lives as a result of the relationship. If the relationship is drawing us away from God and other priorities, we need to seriously reevaluate things. However, if the friendship or relationship is drawing us closer to God and producing godly fruit in our lives, that is a way of knowing that it might be something God Himself has put together." --When God Writes Your Love Story

Wow, what a good concept to remember. There are many relationships that we are drawn into, and I see a lot, but we never really know if it's form God or not and this is a good indication.

From now on, I think I'll let God write up the Love script for me, married or not married, I don't mind. God has great plans for all of us, so let's let his script be put into action! For a God so loving and compassionate, he is the romance of life! He knows what we need, and he will not allow us to be satisfied by 2nd rate guys/gals.

Ask yourself, the things you are doing now, will your future husband/wife appreciate these things? Flirting and allowing yourself to give away your treasure a little by little..how much will you have left for your future spouse at the end? There's people that are so heartbroken by so many romantic escapades that they no longer value pure love and restrict themselves to the standards they left off.

I urge everyone, not only to have sexual abstinence, but to keep them pure, I know I'm going to try hard don this one from now on. =)

Water down romance vs Pure Love, and pure love can only come from the Greatest Love of all, Jesus Christ.

God Bless.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AGREEEEEE
acountability buddy (:

haha i want a banana

March 12, 2008 at 11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew, Andrew... you're so filled with faith and you radiate God's love. You have so much to offer to everyone you come across. I love it :] Can't wait to read more! :D

March 13, 2008 at 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oyeah.. and i agree with mercy.. i want a banana :P

March 13, 2008 at 12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. We should get together one day and talk about how cool Jesus is.

March 13, 2008 at 12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

andrew is uber awesomeee !

March 13, 2008 at 12:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen!
There's nothing better than letting go and letting God take control.

March 13, 2008 at 12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha...now I really have to read that book---after you're finished, of course.

Hmm. Being in a relationship myself, I definitely agree that reevaluating a relationship (if you're in one) is never a bad idea. I admit that from what I observe in my own relationship, Thomas can be spiritually uplifting and other times, a slight distraction at the moment---but it doesn't have to be, of course. It could be just me, since I'm a tad bit easily amused and I tend to distract myself during school hours when I wrap myself in my own thoughts.

I think that God gave us the power of choice for a reason. I "planned" since grade school to never enter a relationship until college, but it appears that things didn't end up that way because ultimately, God has control. Things outside his love script for us? I think we would learn something from that relationship, even if it doesn't work out.

I'm sure God has something great in store for you.

March 13, 2008 at 12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Andrew. May your intimacy with Christ continue to grow!

March 20, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home